- Company Announcement Date:
- May 24, 2022
- FDA Publish Date:
- May 24, 2022
- Product Type:
- Food & Beverages
- Reason for Announcement:
- Company Name:
- Coblentz Chocolate Company
- Brand Name:
Coblentz Chocolate Company
- Product Description:
Various chocolate products containing peanut butter
Coblentz Chocolate Company of Walnut Creek, Ohio is recalling certain Peanut Butter Products because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea (which may be bloody), nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. In rare circumstances, infection with Salmonella can result in the organism getting into the bloodstream and producing more severe illnesses such as arterial infections (i.e., infected aneurysms), endocarditis and arthritis.
This recall is a direct result of the J.M. Smucker Co. Jif® Peanut Butter recall. Coblentz Chocolate Company has ceased using Jif® Peanut Butter in production at this time. No illnesses have been reported to date.
The products were distributed nationwide and reached consumers through the Coblentz Chocolate Company retail store and other retail locations.
The products included in the recall were sold between November 12, 2021, and May 21, 2022. The specific products include lot numbers 1315-2140.
Products included in the recall are
- Milk and Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- Milk Chocolate Graham Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Milk Chocolate Round Cracker Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Oversized J&M Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- Oversized J&M Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
- Oversized J&M Peanut Butter Pretzel Cluster
- Fudge Sampler
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Buckeye Fudge
- Peanut Butter Truffle
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
- 4 oz. Deluxe Chocolate Assortment
- 8 oz. Deluxe Chocolate Assortment
- 16 oz. Deluxe Chocolate Assortment
- 32 oz. Deluxe Chocolate Assortment
- 8 oz. Chocolate Assorted Creams
- 16 oz. Chocolate Assorted Creams
Consumers who have purchased any of the items listed above are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions can contact the company at [email protected] or 1-800-338-9341.